Shenandoah Scholars Scholarships
Scholarships for graduating seniors from any Shenandoah County public high school, including Triplett Tech. Winners are selected based on character, academic achievement, and school/community involvement.
- Scholarship Amount: Multiple scholarships of $1,000 each
- Application forms are available in each high school’s Guidance Office
Marge Moyers Memorial Scholarship
Established by family and friends in memory of educator Marge Moyers to provide scholarships to Shenandoah County students pursuing a career in Education.
- Scholarship Amount: $8,000 over 4 years
- Winners must maintain their GPA and continue to pursue a career in education to continue to receive support after their freshman year.
Helene Albright Scholarship
Established in memory of Helene Albright to provide scholarships to graduating seniors of Latino heritage.
- Scholarship Amount: 2017 – $2,000; 2018 – To be determined.
- An annual scholarship is made to a graduating senior of Latino heritage from one of the Shenandoah County public high schools. Latino heritage means having at least one parent recognized as Latino, and Spanish is the native language of that parent’s heritage.
- The winner must be a graduating senior who will be attending a two or four-year college or trade school.
Oliver “Butch” Orndorff Scouting Scholarship Fund
Established in memory of Oliver “Butch” Orndorff, Jr. to provide a scholarship for students who have participated in Boy Scouting in Shenandoah County.
- Scholarship Amount: 2016 – 2017 – $275; 2018 – To be determined.
- Candidate must be a graduating senior (public, private or home schooled) who has been active in the scouting program of a Boy Scouts of America Troop for at least three years and must be a member of a troop located in Shenandoah County in his graduation year.
- Candidate’s academic record must be in good standing and candidate must be a person who has demonstrated good character.
Russell Adams Fort Valley Scholarship Fund
Established to provide educational scholarships to graduating seniors from the Fort Valley.
- Scholarship Amount: 2017 – $4,000; 2018 – To be determined.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior (public, private, or home-schooled) who is a resident of the Fort Valley area of Shenandoah County.
- All else being equal, preference is given to students who have at least one parent who grew up in Fort Valley.
- Financial need is considered but will not be the determining factor.
- Applications are available at the Fort Valley Library as well as from the Guidance Office of each public high school and from the Foundation.
4-H Dairy Club Scholarship
This fund provides scholarships for selected students who have participated in the Shenandoah County 4-H Dairy Club.
- Amount of Award: Varies
- Candidates must be graduating seniors who have been active in the Shenandoah County 4-H Dairy Club.
- How to Apply: Application forms are available in the Shenandoah County Extension Office or online HERE. The application includes instructions and deadlines.