4-H Dairy Club Scholarship
This fund provides scholarships for selected students who have participated in the Shenandoah County 4-H Dairy Club.
- Amount of Award: Varies
- Candidates must be graduating seniors who have been active in the Shenandoah County 4-H Dairy Club.
- How to Apply: Application forms are available in the Shenandoah County Extension Office or online HERE. The application includes instructions and deadlines.
John Duncan Wilburn Adventure Scholarship
Established by family and friends of John Duncan Wilburn to provide scholarships to individuals who wish to participate in the educational programs of IRS-qualified nonprofit organizations such as the National Outdoor Leadership School and Outward Bound, or in university-affiliated outdoor programs, which provide ways to involve young people in outdoor adventure learning. Scholarships made for this purpose will be paid by the Foundation to such organizations.
- Scholarship Amount: 2022 – $1,150.
- Additional information: A scholarship recipient must be a U.S. citizen or in this country with legal status, and currently enrolled in a two or four-year college or university program.
- Download application:
Susan P. Massie Theatre Fund
Established by family and friends in memory of Susan P. Massie to provide for a Peter Muhlenberg Middle School student to attend Drama/Theatre Summer Camp.
- Scholarship Amount – Pays tuition for the Music and Drama Camp at Shrine Mont in Orkney Springs.
- Additional information: Applications available from the drama teacher at Peter Muhlenberg Middle School.
Punky Riley Memorial Youth Scholarship Fund
Established in memory of beloved supporter of county youth athletics, Punky Riley, to provide scholarships to needy children to participate in summer camps provided by the Shenandoah County Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Art Group Education Fund was created to help Shenandoah County teachers purchase art supplies for use in their classrooms.
- Scholarship Amount: 2022 – $700.
- Additional information: Art teachers submit an application by June 1, and funds will be distributed to their schools by August 1st.
Send applications to:
Shenandoah Community Foundation
ATTN: Art Education Fund
PO Box 350
Strasburg, VA 22657
Or e-mail: Shencommunityfoundation@gmail.com
|Donations of any size to a particular fund should be made payable to Shenandoah Community Foundation with the name of the specific fund in the memo line. Or you can make an online donation Here. Undesignated donations will be used to further the Foundation’s mission as directed by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. You also may start a fund of your own. For more information on how to do that, go to Foundation FAQs.|